Media Terms and Guidelines
El Paso Comic Con welcomes members of the Press and is happy to provide approved media members with a complimentary EPCON Press Badge. EPCON Press Registration is open for journalists regularly making editorial contributions (Editorial Press) only. Editorial Press includes Writers, Reporters, Reviewers, Producers, Photographers, Cameramen, etc. who are attending specifically to write about EPCON and/or cover the event for newspapers, magazines, TV, blogs, podcasts, radio, etc. EPCON is a “Fans First” event and approval to receive a Press Badge is not guaranteed. We must maintain a high standard of excellence when we award Press Badges so please understand that:
- Prior show coverage for past approved media is required. If you have received media passes before, please submit examples of show coverage with your application.
- Pre-show coverage of El Paso Comic Con is required BEFORE media credentials will be sent. If your outlet receives conditional approval, you will be added to our press release contact list. Proof of pre-show coverage is required by April 1st to receive your media credentials. More information will be provided to you by email.
- Editorial press members include journalists, reporters, reviewers, podcasters, etc. who are attending for the sole purpose of covering El Paso Comic Con for an editorial media outlet. Non-editorial staff at media outlets such as graphic designers, marketing, PR, and sales staff do not qualify for media credentials.
- Photographers and videographers must be active, contributing team members of a qualifying editorial outlet in order to be considered for media credentials. Photographers & videographers without media credentials are not permitted to perform professional photography/videography services or activities on-site without prior, express, written permission.
- Your Press Badge allows access as long as space is permitting
- Your Press Badge does NOT allow early access, special access, or guaranteed seating
- Your Press Badge does NOT guarantee interviews with guests
- Your Press Badge does NOT allow photos in celebrity row
- Your Press Badge does NOT allow you to cut lines
- Your Press Badge will NOT allow access into any events requiring an additional ticket
Infractions of any of these rules will result in revocation of your press badge and you will be escorted out of the event.
All Press Registrations are subject to approval. You will be notified if you have been approved or denied a Press Badge after review. If you have been approved additional information regarding Badge distribution will be provided in your confirmation email and receipt.
Complimentary Press Badges are extended as a courtesy of EPCON. Each is issued individually. If you are applying with a team, each person on your team needs to apply and be approved separately. Every individual applying for a EPCON Press Badge may only apply once. Please note: EPCON Press Badges are non-transferable and non-resellable. Any individuals caught transferring or selling their Press Badge will be disqualified from Press Badges at future EPCON events.