Media Terms and Guidelines
- Interviews with our special guests MUST be pre-approved by show management.
- Press badges give access to the exhibitor relaxation area. They do not give access to any other special areas unless escorted by a member of staff.
- Press are required to conform to the general convention policies at all times:
Midgard does not have a minimum age limit, instead we use the following system:
- Children under the age of 8 may enter for free, but must be accompanied by a designated, or legal guardian that is at least 18 years of age, with their own convention pass. Designated guardians must have written consent from a legal guardian or parent.
- Children between 8 and 14 may enter for a reduced fee, but must be accompanied by a designated, or legal guardian that is at least 18 years of age, with their own convention pass. Designated guardians must have written consent from a legal guardian or parent.
- All children between the age of 8 and 14, may receive a special coloured lanyard or badge so that exhibitors and panels may easily determine their age, and avoid showing any age limited content.
- Anyone found to not be wearing the appropriate coloured lanyard or badge, will have their access to the convention revoked.
All imitation weapons and props MUST be declared to the weapons desk, before entering the convention.
Please review our cosplay policy for further information on the rules and regulations.
Midgard is dedicated to providing a fun, and safe environment for all attendees, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, body size, physical appearance, or religion.
Harassment of any type is absolutely not tolerated.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, disability, body size, physical appearance, or religion.
- Unwanted touching, or sexual attention.
- Stalking or following people.
- Photographing people without their prior permission (includes video).
If at any time you feel unsafe, or harassed, please immediately notify a Midguardian, member of staff, or security. Your safety and comfort is our first priority, and we will do everything we can to immediately rectify the situation.
If at any time you notice someone else being harassed, abused, or otherwise harmed, whether physically or psychologically, please immediately notify a Midguardian, member of staff, or security. Your safety and comfort is our first priority, and we will do everything we can to immediately rectify the situation.
- Midgard does not allow the use of, or carrying of alcohol, drugs, or illegal substances on convention grounds, or any related venues/locations, whether open or closed.
- Midgard reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone carrying alcohol, drugs or illegal substances
- Midgard reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone considered to be behaving inappropriately due to the use of alcohol, drugs or illegal substances
The only exception to the above rule, is that we may sell alcohol during designated parties.
The following will result in immediate removal from the convention without possibility of refund:
- Violating any law, venue rules or convention policies
- Harassment, Racism, Threats, Intimidation, Sexual contact, Stalking
- Touching persons or costumes without permission
- Destruction of property
- Buying, selling, or using illegal substances
- Failure to follow staff or other convention personnel instructions
Midgard also reserves the right to remove anyone from the convention without refund, if they are considered to behave in a manner deemed inappropriate or offensive.
Midgard is dedicated to providing a fun and fair tournament/competition environment.
Anyone found to be cheating, or using any method to gain an unfair advantage, will be removed from their respective tournament/competition, and barred from all other tournaments/competitions.
- Tickets may be exchanged for badges and lanyards at the registration booth, a valid form of identification will be required in addition to your printed or digital ticket.
- All attendees must visibly display their badge/lanyard at all times while at the convention or any related venues.
- Lost badges/tickets will be replaced upon proof of identity and receipt, for an additional fee.
- Anyone found to abuse lost badges to gain additional entry to the convention, will have their entry revoked, and will be permanently banned from any future events.
- Anyone found to not be wearing the appropriate coloured lanyard, will have their access to the convention revoked.
Advertising of any kind, including but not limited to handing out flyers, putting up posters, or soliciting attendees, is not allowed without express permission by the Midgard staff.
Midgard does not offer ticket/badge refunds. All sales are final.
Liability and permissions:
- Attendees will not hold Midgard liable for loss or damage to persons or property, infringement of any right, or any other claim or course of action of any kind.
- Attendees permit Midgard, and its exhibitors/vendors and partners, to use their name, voice, likeness, images, and reproductions of such without limitation, in advertising, media, on the Internet, and for all other purposes worldwide.