The Late Night Costume Contest brings the more risque Heroes and Villains to the catwalk. No contestants under 17 allowed. Pre-registration required at Booth #625
HOW IT WORKS:
A special costume contest showcasing our favorite heroes and villains! This contest will be judged by a special panel consisting of professional comic book artists and professional costumers. This is a runway-style contest with no pre-judging. Costumes may be of any superhero or villain in comics, cartoons, movies, anime, video games, etc. Costumes may be handmade or store bought. Since this contest takes place late at night, no one under the age of 17 may enter this contest.
Click here to enter online. Scroll down for rules and regulations.
PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED AS FOLLOWS:
(Additional awards may be created at the Judges’ discretion)
* BEST IN SHOW: $250 CASH PRIZE & Award trophy
* Costuming Director’s Choice: $200 cash prize & Award trophy
* Best Good Girl: $100 cash prize & Award trophy
* Best Bad Girl: $100 cash prize & Award trophy
* Best Good Boy: $100 cash prize & Award trophy
* Best Bad Boy: $100 cash prize & Award trophy
* Best Group: $100 cash prize & Award trophy
* Judges’ Awards (3): Award trophies
1. One entry per person. No separate entries from the same person.
2. There is a limit of 75 entries.
3. All costumes must come from an established cartoon, comic book, anime, video game, manga, novel, or movie.
4. All contestants must fill out the entry form.
5. No Nudity. While this is a 17+ event, we still can’t allow any nudity. Costumes may be little racy and suggestive, but may not cross the line into nudity.
6. No bad behavior. You know what that means. No trash talking, sabotage or poor sportsmanship. Improper behavior will get you removed from the competition and possibly the convention. Remember, we’re all here to have fun.
7. No harmful or potentially harmful materials will be allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: water, cigarettes, flames, fireworks, silly string, and any other substance that can be fired, launched, or dripped.
What to expect at the contest:
When you first arrive at the show, there will be a COSPLAY INFO BOOTH in the Main Exhibition Hall. This is where all questions regarding the competition can be answered, and where you will need to go to sign up and/or check in.
Who can enter?
All attendees who have an event badge or wristband can enter this contest. Participants can enter as individuals or in groups (up to 10 per group).
How do I sign up for the contest?
There are three ways to register for the competition:
(1) Register Online here. This is the most preferred method. You will receive an email confirmation with your contestant #. When you get to the show, you will need to sign in at the COSPLAY INFO BOOTH, where you will be given further instructions.
(2) Register at the convention. Participants will be able to sign up for the contest at the COSPLAY INFO BOOTH, located in the Main Exhibition Hall. Fill out and return the entry form to the registration table. You will be given a contestant # and further information. Everyone must be signed in and all forms must be handed in by 8:00pm on Friday.
All entrants must show up 30 minutes prior to the competition for roll call.
All entries will be contacted back via email with a contestant # and check-in info.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com