Confirmed trailers playing:
1. “Mower Vengeance: From Grass to Flesh” :40 Directed by: Andrew Buckner
2. “Thing in the Woods” :34 Directed by: Joshua Graves
3. “Jurassic Incident” 2:57 Directed by: Jack Hussey
4. “The Transformers: Regeneration” 2:58 Directed by: Jack Hussey
5. “Insect” :54 Directed by: Elizabeth Khaust
6. “The Beast” 2:38 Directed by: Elizabeth Khaust
7. “Fatberg” :45 Directed by: Victor Healey
8. “Skate or Die” 1:28 Directed by: Jason Zink
9. “I Am Worthless” 3:00 Directed by: Joseph Rodriguez & Justin Bourne Boring
10. “Mister Creep” 1:27 Directed by: Isaac Rodriguez
11. “I Was a Teen-Aged Space Man From Space” 2:53 Directed by: Jay North
12. “The Day IT Came” 1:30 Directed by: Walter Bender
13. “The Friendly Guys” 1:20 Directed by: Sean Bindley
14. ”Killer Seat” 1:01 Directed by: Benjamin Greer
15. ”Cinemastink” 2:25 Directed by: Hayes Hudson
16. ”Your Conscious is Telling You Something” :45 Directed by: Krystal Aguirre
17. “Cannibal Call Girls From Hell” 2:27 Directed by: Jeremy Sumrall
18. “Coming Soon” 1:50 Directed by: Sarah Walker
19. “Tape WormZ” 1:58 Directed by: Jake Perry
20. ”Emmanuelle: Prisoner of Frankenstein 1:47 Directed by: Micael Heagle
21. ”The Binding” 1:19 Directed by: Jonathan Barger
22. ”Attack of the Swole People” :55 Directed by: Sean Furey
23. ”Bub and Edgar” 1:00 Directed by: James Carnes
24. ”Up On the HouseTop” 2:27 Directed by: Michael Fischer & Dakota Millett
25. ”The Shifted” 1:38 Directed by: Isun Ris & Logan Hamby
26. “Encore” 1:52 Directed by: Mike Fury
27. “The Terror of Cochness” 2:29 Directed by: Eric Exton
28. “And Your Enemies Closer” 2:01 Directed by: Stephen Hatton
29. “Death To VHS” 1:12 Directed by: Mitch Rafter
30. “Frankenstein’s Water Bottle” 2:16 Directed by: Andrew Slimp
31. “What Happens Next” 1:56 Directed by: Devon Moffett
Here's your chance to be a horror filmmaker! The tradition continues at Texas Frightmare Weekend! Make your own fake horror movie trailer and have a chance to be screened in front of hundreds of rabid horror fans at Texas' premier horror convention Texas Frightmare Weekend's Annual Fake Trailer Showcase! If you haven't attended a Fake Trailers screening before you're in for one hell of a good time!
Rules and Regulations
Anything goes! Just have fun. This is a great way to get your feet wet in filmmaking before starting a short or feature!
There is no fee to enter.
There is no age limit for the creator(s) of the Fake Trailer.
All films must be in English or have English subtitles at the time submitted.
The Fake Trailer’s run time must be no shorter than one minute (1:00) and no longer than two minutes and thirty seconds (2:30). Any Fake Trailer shorter or longer than these times will be disqualified.
How to Submit Your Tailer
Fake Trailers must be emailed to: email@example.com – ATTENTION: TFW Fake Horror Trailer 2023 (i.e. TFW Fake Horror Trailer 2022 NAME OF YOUR TRAILER)
Please make sure we can download your trailer!
Fake trailers must be completed by May 15, 2023 in order to be considered to screen during the Texas Frightmare Weekend, May 26-28, 2023.
Films must be the original work of the applicants. If a film is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. However, it is not necessary to submit the adaptation rights agreements to Texas Frightmare Weekend. Neither TFW nor its jurists investigates or attests to the authenticity of an applicant’s statement of authorship or rights secured. By entering the competition, you are acknowledging that you have secured all necessary rights.
Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in the film, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. Texas Frightmare Weekend expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
We strongly encourage filmmakers to submit their film only after it is fully finished and will judge each submission as a completed work, whether it is or not. Once a film is entered, we will not update the submission with a more recent cut.
A total of thirty (25) Fake Trailers will be selected to screen at the Southwest’s premier horror convention “Texas Frightmare Weekend 2023.”
The judges’ decision is final.
The Fake Horror Trailer Showcase will be hosted by Filmmakers and TFW alumni Billy “Bloody Bill” Pon (Circus of the Dead, Doll-Boy & Mister Fister), Chuck Norfolk (Getting Schooled, Haunted Trailer & Life Insurance Lottery), Courtney Sandifer (Getting Schooled, Life Insurance Lottery & Haunted Trailer) and Kelley Wilson Robinson (The Good Things Devils Do, The Sinful South & Cowboys From Hell ).Enter Your Fake Trailer HERE
Inside the Irving Convention Center. Level 4, Grand Ballroom G1-G5.
Additionally, All schedules are posted approximately 2-3 weeks prior to the event. In most cases, the schedule is not posted any earlier due to continuing guest additions. If schedules were posted earlier, they would be invalid by the time the event approaches. Dates and times subject to change without notice. Seating for all panels and screenings are limited and buying a ticket to the convention does not guarantee seating. Panels and screenings are usually not full and have plenty of empty seats. However, some may be very popular and fill up very quickly. We reserve the right to clear the room prior to any screening or panel to make sure that attendees waiting in line are able to be seated. Please do not sit in on a panel prior to the one you really want to see to try and hold a seat(s). Plan your attendance accordingly.