Heart of Comics, LLC is the responsible party that is promoting and organizing the Vermont Fan Fest. The “event” is Saturday, October 31, 2020 and November 1, 2020. Any questions to these rules and regulations can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any person applying for Artist Alley must agree to and acknowledge the standard Vendor Rules and Regulations.
LOAD IN is the day before the event (Friday October 30th, 2020) from 5 PM to 11 PM and the day of the event from 7 AM to 9:30 AM. All vendors must be completely set up and at their booth by 9:30 AM on Saturday morning. Any vendors whose tables remain unoccupied at 9 am and have not contacted Heart of Comics, LLC. with sufficient reasoning are in breach of contract and forfeit their tables.
LOAD OUT is Sunday from the close of the event (5 pm) until 9 pm. Please DO NOT expect to leave your merchandise past 9 pm on Sunday.
Vendors with proper bracelets have access to the show floor one hour before opening on Saturday and Sunday and one hour after closing on Saturday.
Any vendor wishing to participate in the Vermont Fan Fest must agree to and acknowledge these rules and regulations:
1) All vendors should have a Business License in their respective states of business. Each vendor is operating as an independent business renting floor space from Heart of Comics, LLC and responsible for paying their own business and sales tax. In order to conduct business in the State of Vermont, you need a UBI number or temporary UBI number. To get a temporary UBI number, copy and paste the following link: www.vtsosonline.com.
2) Vendor agrees to remain set up until the end of the show. NO EARLY BREAKDOWN or vendor risks the exclusion of future events produced by Heart of Comics, LLC. Packing up prior to closing time is NOT permitted.
3) No illegal drug use is permitted on the Burlington Double Tree Exposition Center grounds. Smoking or drinking alcohol is NOT permitted on the grounds of the Burlington Double Tree Exposition Center at any time except in designated and licensed areas set aside exclusively by the Burlington Double Tree Exposition Center.
4) No booth space is guaranteed until full payment is received.
5) No refunds will be granted for any reason. If you cannot attend the show, contact Heart of Comics, LLC one month before the event and we will give you a credit toward our next event minus a 25% surcharge per booth. A no call and/or no show will forfeit their booth space without credit or refund.
6) The sales of Bootleg or Counterfeit products are prohibited. Counterfeit or Bootleg products are fake replicas of the real product. Counterfeit products are often produced with the intent to take advantage of the superior value of the imitated product. It includes the forgeries or imitations of clothing, accessories, bags, shoes, watches, jewelry, electronics (both parts and finished products), software, works of art, toys or movies. Selling these types of goods results in patent infringement or trademark infringement.
7) Adults and young children both attend this show. No inappropriate behavior, language or conduct will be tolerated. Please keep any adult related materials out of sight from or reach of children.
8) Vendor ID bracelets will be issued upon registration at load in. Additional vendor ID bracelets will be available closer to the event. Vendors must wear ID bracelets on Saturday and Sunday at the show. Exhibitor staff personnel wishing to enter the exhibit floor must wear a bracelet at all times during the show. Only booth personnel with vendor bracelets can enter the event prior to event hours and allowed after the stated event closing time. No exceptions.
Exhibitor bracelets grant no special access to any restricted or ticketed areas at the event. Additional purchases will be required for vendors to attend certain events and activities within the event such as closed panels, event gaming, VIP Dinner, and others as indicated by the event staff. All purchases must be made in advance along with the general public attendees.
9) Parking is available to vendors and exhibitors immediately outside the Burlington Double Tree Exposition Center.
10) Heart of Comics, LLC. is not responsible for any injuries that may occur during the show. All Vendors are responsible for their own merchandise. If your product is broken or stolen during the show, it is not our responsibility. Any damage to the building by a vendor is the sole responsibility of the vendor. Vendors release Heart of Comics, LLC. from any and all liability.
Heart of Comics, LLC, the Burlington Double Tree Exposition Center, and on-site Security will take every effort to protect your merchandise beginning Friday at load-in to load-out on Saturday. On-site Security maintains a 24-hour presence at the Burlington Double Tree Exposition Center. The event will feature multiple entrance security and additional uniformed and off-duty security as needed for the safety of our vendors, facility and attendees.
11) Vendors may not sell any food or drink products that are not pre-packaged and properly labeled.
12) Vendors are not permitted to have animals in the buildings at any time except for properly identified ADA Service Animals unless expressly invited by the organizers of the show.
13) No display, materials, or signage may protrude into the aisles or encroach upon neighboring booths. The maximum height of any booth must not exceed 12’ in height unless permission was granted in the approval process. No obstruction may be placed outside your designated booth space or in any aisle or passageway. Vendor may not have obstructions to any fire extinguishing appliances.
14) The layout of the tables for this event has been approved by the fire marshal. Vendors may not move or trade tables without permission and written approval.
15) Heart of Comics, LLC. reserves the right to deny access to anyone at our sole discretion from exhibiting, assisting with, or attending the show.
16) Exhibitors shall not sublet, share, assign, or delegate any space allotted to them, without the prior written consent of the Vermont Fan Fest Organizers. Such subletting, sharing, assigning or delegation thereof without the Vermont Fan Fest Organizer’s prior written consent will be cause for removal and termination of exhibitor and subletting exhibitor.
17) Heart of Comics, LLC. reserves the right to deny a table rental to any individual without providing a reason for such denial.
18) Any form of solicitation (including flyers or coupons) for shows, booths, or businesses other than those presented by Heart of Comics, LLC. will not be permitted inside or outside of the event facility without prior written approval. Violators are subject to immediate removal from the show, and may be prohibited from attending future events at the sole discretion of Images and Events, Inc.
In the event any of these rules are broken, and you must be removed from the show, you agree to forfeit all fees and monies paid for your vendor space, tickets, and badges. No refunds will be offered nor should be expected.
Vendors must agree to all of these Rules and Regulations.
Additionally, any person applying for Artist Alley must agree to and acknowledge to the Artist Alley Rules and Regulations below:
Artist Alley Overview
The Artist Alley at the Vermont Fan Fest is a special area that will be curated for artists, writers, and small publishers. The area is located on the first or second floor of the show and is limited to 65 approved applications.
We anticipate a high volume of interest in the Artist Alley tables, and we will not be able to approve the application for every artist who applies for the Artist Alley. If you are not accepted, you will be waitlisted and might still have a chance for a table.
All applications will jury reviewed, considered, and scored via a standard rubric factoring the artist’s craft, creativity, execution, appeal to Vermont Fan Fest attendees, social media influence, and previous efforts of promotion with other conventions. Our jury process allows us to curate an Artist Alley that has a selection that is varied, meaningful, inspiring, and exciting for attendees while also being balanced and profitable for the artists. All decisions made by the jury will be final.
One full Artist Alley table will be 6 feet wide by 3 feet deep. It will include one table, one chair, and two Artist badges/wristbands. A Premium table on the corner includes the same contents and features but will be near the front of the hall on a corner.
All set-ups and/or displays must not interfere with neighboring tables to either side or behind the Artist’s table. Any and all set-ups or displays may not block any of the aisles. Displays are permitted up to a maximum 8’ behind the table. Wire frames are permitted on the tables, but must be stable and secure, no more than 2’ off the top of the table, with no side facing materials.
An Artist’s display may not extend beyond the front or sides of the table and cannot extend more than 3 feet behind the table. Tables will back up to another artist, so please be courteous. There will not be any pipe or drape separating the tables.
The table must remain parallel to the aisle, no exceptions.
Due to space limitations only two individuals are allowed behind each artist table at any time. Only those persons wearing an Artist badge/wristband will be allowed to sit behind the table. If you have a helper, your helper must have an Artist badge.
Third Parties selling art is considered “proxy selling”. Selling by proxy is not permitted in Artist Alley or in Vendor Booths at the Vermont Fan Fest
Table sharing between individual artists is not allowed. Artist Alley tables are non-transferable and are non-refundable 45 days prior to show.
Artists are expected to maintain a presence at their assigned booth during show hours.
Any artist who is found to be in violation of this policy will be removed from the Artist Alley with no refunds. No exceptions will be made unless permission is granted by the Vermont Fan Fest in writing prior to the show.