Thank you for your interest in exhibiting at WhedonCon 2020 taking place June 5th – 7th at the Hilton LAX.
Early Payment Discount of 20% if paid in full by Dec 31st, 2019
10' x 10' space with pipe and drape, one 6' long table, two chairs, two vendor level badges and 20% discount for
program book ad
6' x 6' space containing one 6' table, two chairs, two vendor level badges and 20% discount for program book ad.
Please do not send payment until your application has been formally approved and you have received a purchase link.
Space/Area Purchase: Purchases may be made under the following
a) Exhibitor space
(table or booth) fee includes 6′ draped table, 2 chairs and 2 Exhibitor Level
Access Badges. Exhibitor Access is not
transferrable unless special arraignments are made with WhedonCon.
b) Additional access badges may be purchased at a discount.
c) IMPORTANT NOTE – WhedonCon is not required to provide anything outside this contract. However, a limited number of spaces with electricity will be available for an additional fee per section purchased. We will try to meet special requests as noted on the application, but cannot guarantee to do so or to assign a specific space or location.
d) Exhibitor agrees to use assigned space for sale or exhibit of material that is of a science fiction, fantasy, gaming or other “fannish” nature. Food sales are not allowed.
e) Exhibitor agrees that they have the legal title to material offered for sale and are responsible for ensuring that the material is in compliance with all State and Federal laws, regulations and ordinances in force at the site of and at all times during the convention.
f) Exhibitor agrees that they are self-insured.
g) Exhibitor agrees that all merchandise sold is to be as represented and that all appraisals made by exhibitors are to be made at their own risk.
h) Exhibitor must have a current Seller's Permit: https://www.cdtfa.ca.gov/taxes-and-fees/faqseller.htm
i) If Exhibitor
cancels space, space fee is non-refundable. See Exhibit Space Disclaimer and 3
j) Exhibitor is strongly urged to be ready to open when the room opens on Friday, and must be ready when the doors open on Saturday and Sunday. Exhibitors are to maintain their spaces until the room closes each day of the convention.
2. Exhibitor Room Hours: Friday, June 4th 6:00pm - 9:00pm; Saturday, June 5th 10:00am – 7:00pm; Sunday, June 6th 10:00am – 5:00pm
3. Installation, Setup and Removal: Set-up for the room (unless otherwise agreed to) will be approximately
Thursday, June 3rd 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm some exhibits may be moved into the Venue, on a case by case basis only.
Friday, June 4th 12:00pm – 5:00pm
Saturday, June 5th -8:00am – 9:30am
Exhibitors must make arraignments with the Vendor Coordinator upon arrival for their assigned area and information. It is the sole responsibility of Exhibitors to be able to set up their area safely. Exhibitors must be completely setup no later than 30 minutes prior to doors opening. Removal / Breakdown doesn’t start until Sunday, June 6th at 5:00pm, to be completed no later than 8:00pm.
Exhibitors must make arraignments with the Vendor Coordinator upon arrival for their assigned area and information. It is the sole responsibility of Exhibitors to be able to set up their area safely.
Exhibitors must be completely setup no later than 30 minutes prior to doors opening. Removal / Breakdown doesn’t start until Sunday, June 9th at 5:00pm, to be completed no later than 8:00pm. If you have a problem during the event please reach out the the Vendor Dept Heads on site.
4. Payment Policy: All exhibit space fees must be paid in full to reserve exhibitor space unless otherwise agreed by both parties. Once the contract is signed and returned to Fandom Charities a GrowTix link will be sent to Exhibitor for payment to be made.
5. Cancellations/Refunds: Cancellations must be made in writing (print or email); they cannot be taken over the phone. Cancellations are effective as of the date of receipt by Fandom Charities Inc. Refunds may be granted by January 31, 2021 only if WhedonCon can find a suitable replacement exhibitor, minus a $50 fee. Any exhibitor that cancels as of February 1, 2021 forfeits all fees.
6. No Shows: If an Exhibitor does not occupy and exhibit in the designated space by assigned load-in date of the exposition (unless otherwise agreed by both parties), WhedonCon has the right to use “no show” exhibit space in such a manner as it may deem in the exposition’s best interest. Failure to appear forfeits all fees.
7. Exhibits, Eligibility, Assignment and Relocation: WhedonCon reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any company or product for inclusion as Exhibitor. Exhibitor understands and agrees that WhedonCon has the sole discretion of booth assignment and is under no obligation to assign Exhibitor space preferred by Exhibitor. WhedonCon also reserves the right to alter all event floor plans at any time.
8. Subletting Space: Exhibitors are not allowed to assign, sublet, or appropriate the whole or any portion of their area.
9. Exhibit Services and Exhibitor-Appointed Contractors: Exhibitor is responsible for contracting or hiring any labor or other services involved for the installation, manning and breakdown of their exhibit space, and any costs for said labor or services.
10. Exhibit Space: Exhibitors agree to not place any displays upon walls (this includes using pins or tapes). Displays must be able to prop on own, have its own stand, or be secured. Exhibitor is liable for any damage incurred upon the drape, chairs, or tables provided. Damages include but not limited to: tears, spills, stolen, burned, broken, or missing. Exhibitor is responsible to inspect and reporting any damages seen on provided items prior to set up. Exhibitor is to report to Vendor Coordinator for any such problems. Exhibitors are not to obstruct sight to other Exhibitor’s rental spaces or blocks exits or exit pathways will have their displays moved, rearranged or dismantled at Exhibitor’s expense.
Exhibitor ensures there is a minimum of one Exhibitor representative present at each booth at any given time. Badges must be worn at all times during setup and breakdown, and for the duration of the WhedonCon.
No illegal activity may be conducted at the WhedonCon by the Exhibitor or Exhibitor’s employees, agents or representatives. This includes but is not limited to: sale of bootleg items, illegal services, substances, or any other item or service prohibited by the State of California or the City of Los Angeles. It is the responsibility of the Exhibitors to determine the legality of their wares and services.
11. Prize Drawings and Promotions: Any prize drawings, raffles, contests, or other promotions must follow all local, state, and federal laws and be approved in advance by Fandom Charities Inc.
12. Exhibitor is prohibited from using the Fandom Charities, Whedonopolis or WhedonCon name, logo, and mascots on any Exhibitor products or related merchandise at WhedonCon as well as outside the WhedonCon, unless given permission in writing to do so by a WhedonCon authorized representative. This includes, but is not limited to: handmade crafts, works of art, clothing, edibles, printed materials, and signage. All official WhedonCon merchandise will be sold from the Fandom Charities "Merch" table. Any products represented as "official" WhedonCon merchandise or bearing the WhedonCon name and logo sold from other locations may be confiscated by the WhedonCon Team.
13. Insurance: Fandom Charities Inc. and WhedonCon shall not be liable for loss or damage of any article of equipment or property of Exhibitor that Exhibitor may suffer during installation/removal or during the convention itself, by reasons of robbery, fire, accidents, or any other destructive cause. Insurance must be maintained by the Exhibitor at Exhibitor’s own expense.
14. Indemnification and Waiver: Exhibitor agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend Fandom Charities Inc., WhedonCon, and the Hilton Los Angeles Airport, along with their respective members, officers, and directors, agents, and employees (“indemnitees”) from and against any and all liabilities, damages, actions, losses, claims, and expenses on account of personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property or profits arising out of or contributed to by any act, omission, negligence, fault, or violation of a law or ordinance by the Exhibitor or its employees, agents, contractors, patrons, and invitees. Exhibitor hereby waives each and every claim that arises or may arise in favor against one or more of the indemnities for any and all losses of damage. Such waiver precludes the assignment of any claim by subjugation or otherwise.
15. Facilities Rules: Exhibitor agrees to comply with all rules and regulations prescribed by the management of the exhibit facilities, meet the requirements of local authorities, and obtain, at their own expense, any necessary permits, licenses, or equipment for their booth.