THANK YOU for your interest in participating as a volunteer for the VERY FIRST - DARKSIDE in RIVERSIDE!
This endeavor could not function without our volunteers, and it is thrilling that you have elected to dedicate your time in this special way.
We all need to be dedicated to HOSPITALITY and all that it means and reflects. Hospitality is what drives us to excellence to provide our guests a positive, enjoyable and memorable experience while at DARKSIDE in RIVERSIDE!
I am proud to serve as your Volunteer Coordinator and I will do all that I can to ensure that you are provided with the training and supportive tools necessary to complete your jobs successfully and to bring you personal satisfaction as well.
*Please let us also know if you are willing to volunteer for street team marketing groups.
*Please let us also know if you are willing to volunteer for street team marketing groups.
Looking forward to a fun-filled weekend!
With much appreciation –
KERA WACKER - CCPS TEAM
VOLUNTEER TERMS & CONDITIONS AND DISCLAIMER
· Volunteers have the right to expect fair and honest treatment from DARKSIDE in RIVERSIDE! executive staff, staff and personnel, and fellow volunteers.
· Volunteers are expected to be flexible, and if they are asked to serve in an area that was not requested, they are expected to do their best in working that location. We are a unique team of individuals who need to always think of the ‘big picture’.
· Communication at the Convention will occur either through:
-person to person
Cell phones/text messages from convention staff are important as these will be the primary means of conveying important messages to select volunteers. Cell phones are not to be used for personal calls while volunteers are on duty.
· CONDUCT: Think hospitality always! Volunteers, guests and staff must be treated with respect, dignity and politeness. All issues that cannot be adequately solved should be directed to your Captain for solutions.
· For your own safety, guests/celebrities are not to be touched for any reason.
· Volunteers must not make any promises to guests for any reason. If a guest is unhappy and is requesting some type of compensation, please direct them to your Captain.
· Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated. If a volunteers feel that they have been harassed, your Captain is to be contacted immediately.
· Volunteers can be asked to end their service for improper conduct, harassment, insubordination or illegal activity, or other behaviors which are dangerous or deemed inappropriate.
· DARKSIDE in RIVERSIDE will not be held responsible for damage or loss of personal property. Valuables at should be left at home and/or secured in the trunk of your vehicle.
· DRESS CODE: All volunteers will wear the official DARKSIDE in RIVERSIDE! shirt that will be given to them. Pants/jeans and shorts are acceptable. The waist of pants or similar bottoms must fit at the waist, and shorts must be mid-thigh or longer. The wearing of comfortable shoes is required, Athletic shoes are acceptable if they are in good condition.
· The practice of clean personal hygiene is required.
· Volunteers will return their badges to the Volunteer Lounge at the of their shifts when they sign out. Once your service is complete, you will be allowed access into the event on that day.
· Anyone known or reasonably suspected to be under the influence of intoxicating liquor, narcotics or illegal substances shall not be allowed to volunteer while in that condition.
· Take good care of yourself: please do not lift or attempt to lift or push excessive loads. Observe the correct position for lifting (stand with feet slightly apart, assume a squatting position with knees bent and chin tucked in. Tilt head forward, grasp the load with both hands and gradually push up with your legs, keeping your back straight. Avoid any abrupt movement. Do not try to lift an item which is too heavy or bulky to be handled by one person. Ask for help.
· Falling equipment: there are many signs, drapes, booths, lights, and other equipment throughout the event site. There is a very slight possibility that this equipment might fall over or off the walls or ceiling. All of this equipment has been set up by professionals and is properly secured to prevent injury. Please assist by not leaning/sitting on the ends of tables and hanging/pulling on drape poles or light stands. Also, use caution when sitting in folding chairs as they can easily fold or tip over.
· Electrical shock/burns: Be careful when plugging/unplugging in equipment like computers, cash registers, printers, etc. Do not stick fingers inside the working parts of a cash register, computer or printer. As supervisors for help with changing tape rolls, ribbon, etc. Parts of these machines can get very hot and could cause burns.
· Medical Conditions: If volunteers have any medical conditions that could hinder their service as a volunteer, please inform the Captain overseeing the area. All information is confidential.
Please keep your hands to yourself. If you would like to take a picture with or of another DARKSIDE in RIVERSIDE! fan, always ask first and respect that person’s right to say no. When at DARKSIDE in RIVERSIDE , be respectful, be nice, be cool and be kind to each other.
-The following constitute grounds for immediate expulsion from the convention without refund:
a. violating any federal, state, or local laws, facility rules or convention policies.
b. failure to comply with the instructions of DARKSIDE in RIVERSIDE! staff or security personnel.
c. using anything in a threatening or destructive manner against person or property.
d. endangering the safety of oneself or others.
e. threatening, stealing, cheating or harassing others.
If a volunteer experiences or witnesses any of the above it should be reported to a Captain, Volunteer Coordinator or Security Personnel.
Harassment includes offensive verbal comments (related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, culture, affiliation), sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, harassing photography or recording, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact and unwelcomed sexual attention.
Persons asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
Exhibitors, sponsors, vendor booths, or similar activities are also subject to the anti-harassment policy.
The policy also extends to any sanctioned convention event that occurs outside of normal convention hours or venues.
· Volunteers must be 16years of age or older, unless part of a DARKSIDE in RIVERSIDE approved group
-Head of Operations
-Assistant Head of Operations
-Captains overseeing each area
· Appropriate breaks and meals will be provided for all volunteers. Breaks and meal breaks will be assigned by each Captain.
· Due to the complexity of some positions, certain shifts will be longer than others. For example, those working in the registration area will have a longer shift, and celebrity assistants may only be needed for the length of the celebrity’s appearance time. Flexibility in scheduling is important for all volunteers.
· Volunteers are required to attend a general orientation meeting. Depending on the volunteer area, a volunteers may be asked to attend additional training meetings.
· Volunteers may not engage in unprofessional, unethical or disrespectful conduct, including:
- Physical or verbal abuse of attendees, exhibitors, vendors, professionals, other volunteers, staff members, and their family members/friends, or anyone else at the official site(s).
- Using profanity in communicating with or within earshot of anyone at the convention
- Unauthorized use of company equipment including telephones, computers, or other office equipment
- Theft of any property, or personal items, food, supplies, money, etc., belonging to DARKSIDE in RIVERSIDE , the venue, or anyone at the convention. This includes making any charges to accounts of DARKSIDE in RIVERSIDE without prior express written permission.
- Using a volunteer position to gain any personal or financial favors from attendees, exhibitors, celebrities, vendors, professionals, other volunteers, staff members, and their family members/friends or anyone else is strictly prohibited. There is no partying with the guest stars outside of convention sanctioned events!!! (such activity becomes a conflict of interest and can make for complications; violation of this policy will result in suspension of your credentials)
· Celebrities are not to be photographed at any time. If photos of celebrities are wanted, the volunteer must pay for and schedule an approved photo-op.
· Once a volunteer has reported for duty, volunteers must remain in place until they are relieved by a replacement (whether for a break, meal, or special need). Each Captain will coordinate this.
· When a volunteer is released for a break or meal, volunteers must return to their position on time. Tardiness will prevent the replacement to take his/her break or meal on time.
· Volunteers must not photograph, copy or post images of any type of credential (e.g., badges, wristbands, giveaway tickets, comp codes, etc.) issued by by email, texting, or on a blog, web page or social media site.
· Water will be available in the Volunteer Lounge at all times.
· Volunteers need to keep all areas in the facility clean and neat. Projecting a positive image at all times is paramount.
· does not provide any lodging for its volunteers. Meals will be provided at appropriate times of the day in the Volunteer Lounge.
· Prior to beginning a shift, it is important to be familiar with the location of:
Riverside Municpal Auditorium and Fox Theatre
3485 Mission Inn Avenue