Thank you for your interest in volunteer opportunities for Lexington Comic & Toy Convention 2021. We will be looking for volunteers to fill the days of Wednesday, September 8th through Sunday, September 12th. There are many positions to be filled. Some positions require more skill and experience while others only need honesty, enthusiasm, and creativity. If you are signing up for the "guest assistant" position, you must be available to work for the entirety of the convention floor hours or your guest's scheduled hours. To be considered for a volunteer position, you must be 18 years or older and submit a complete volunteer form.
As a volunteer, you will be expected to attend a training meeting. That training meeting will be scheduled at a later date and you will be notified of that meeting if you are accepted as a volunteer. All volunteers are required to work a minimum of 12 hours over the course of the event. In exchange for your time, you will be given a convention shirt and free admission to the event. You will be assigned to a specific volunteer coordinator and are expected to check in and out with them each day that you are scheduled. A volunteer shirt will be provided. You are expected to wear that volunteer shirt any time that you are working a shift.
As a volunteer, the following conduct will expected:
1. Conduct and present yourself in a professional manner. The use of illegal drugs will not be tolerated and consumption of alcoholic beverages is not permitted during your shift. If we find that your conduct is unacceptable, you may have your privileges revoked, may be removed, and all future ties with Lexington Comic & Toy Convention will be severed.
2. Conduct and present yourself in a respectful and courteous manner. Discrimination, sexual harassment, physical force, verbal abuse, or other harmful actions will not be tolerated and will result in removal and future ties with Lexington Comic & Toy Convention will be severed.
3. Adhere to any and all tasks assigned to you during your shifts.
4. We consider our event to be family friendly. Please refrain from using vulgar or inappropriate language.
5. If you decide to conduct yourself in an unprofessional manner after hours but creating issues within the event, you will be removed from your duties and future ties with Lexington Comic & Toy Convention will be severed.
Volunteer Medical Waiver and Indemnity Agreement: By submitting this form, I understand and agree that I am responsible for providing my own food, transportation, and lodging. In the event of an accident or injury while volunteering for Lexington Comic & Toy Convention, I authorize Lexington Comic & Toy Convention to seek and obtain medical treatment. Furthermore, I agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Lexington Comic & Toy Convention from any and all damages, losses, claims, liabilities, charges, suits, penalties, costs and/or expenses, including but not limited to court costs, attorneys’ fees and expenses, resulting from any act (whether intentional or not), omission or negligence of any injury to myself
I have read the Lexington Comic & Toy Convention's expectations and agree to abide by the statements above. I understand that a failure on my part to abide by these guidelines could result in my removal from the position of volunteer and possibly also my removal from the convention as a whole.
Central Bank Center
430 West Vine Street