Volunteers are needed for multiple departments at Retro World Expo-Hartford!
Thank you for your interest in volunteer opportunities with Retro World Expo (RWX)!
As RWX approaches, we are looking to the generosity of volunteers to make this the best RWX yet! We are looking for volunteers who would like to donate time, talent, and expertise in order to gain behind the scenes access to the convention. This is also a fantastic opportunity to meet other volunteers who have the same interests and passions as you do!
There are many different opportunities at RWX. Some of the volunteer positions call for specific skills and experience, but most are easy to learn and do not require any previous experience in order to qualify for the assignment. We are mainly looking for enthusiasm, dedication, trust, and creativity! Our volunteers assist in all areas of the convention- helping with special events, running errands, working registration, checking badges, assisting staff members etc.- and no task is overlooked or under-appreciated. Volunteers return year after year because of the fun they have during the show. However it's not all fun and games, punctuality, maturity, and responsibility are essential!
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please complete the Volunteer Form. The earlier you register to volunteer, the better your chances of getting assigned to the department you request!
All volunteers are required to work a minimum of one shift per day in order to receive the volunteer benefits. Volunteers who complete their shifts are eligible for free admission to the convention and a volunteer t-shirt. Volunteers are also required to check in and out of their shifts each day in the volunteer room in order to verify your hours.
If you are interested in volunteering at RWX, the following requirements must be met:
1. Complete a Volunteer application
2. You must be 18 years or older
3. Volunteer Team t-shirts are to be worn during your shifts at all times, and removed when not working.
4. You must help promote a safe and healthy environment while volunteering. Refrain from any deliberate act that may create danger, or an unhealthy situation towards any individual. This includes use of illegal drugs, consumption of alcoholic beverages, assaulting another individual, or disregarding their safety. If you suspect someone might be under the influence or violating any rules, you must report it to Retro World Expo Staff or Convention Center Security.
5. New for this year, all staff must wear a mask while volunteering at the convention. Masks must be worn over the mouth and nose at all times. Failure to comply with the mask policy will lead to immediate dismissal.
If you agree with the above statements, please complete this form to begin the process and you will be contacted with further instructions!
Thank you for taking the time to apply as a volunteer! We realize your time is valuable, and we hope that you will have as much fun as we do. We are always striving to make our shows even better!
The RWX Staff!
Applying does not guarantee that you will be accepted as a Non-Paid volunteer at this time - we value your offer of time and commitment and will get back to you as soon as possible to let you know of your status!
Connecticut Convention Center
100 Columbus Boulevard