About the role of Volunteer
Are you ready for the 2021 Flower City Comic Con? You are?! So come on down, we just need a little information first.
What kind of help do we need? Responsibilities could include access control, registration, assisting guests, assisting with operations, line control, or other duties not listed here that come up before or during the event. All volunteers should be prepared to tackle any task given to them by Flower City Comic Con Staff, but you will not be asked to do anything that you can’t or don’t want to handle.
This will be fun! But before you sign that dotted line, please make sure you can adhere to our Rules of Conduct.
Volunteer Rules of Conduct
Please read the Volunteer Rules of Conduct. By submitting this application, you agree that you have read and agree to these Rules of Conduct, and further attest that to your knowledge, you have no discrepancies that would be of concern, such as a restraining order or evidence of illegal behavior.
- Respect the property of the convention site, the fans, guests, staff members, and fellow volunteers.
- Respect the direction and decisions of the Flower City Comic Con Staff.
- Perform your duties to the best of your ability and advise the Volunteer Coordinator if you are unable to work as scheduled.
- Deal with conflicts or difficulties in an appropriate manner and contact Flower City Comic Con Staff for help with this type of situation.
- Do not represent yourself as Flower City Comic Con Staff or make official statements on behalf of Flower City Comic Con.
- Be courteous, friendly, and cooperative.
- Smiles are contagious! Be sure to wear yours at all times. It will make people wonder what you're up to.
Volunteer Terms and Conditions and Disclaimer
Thanks for your interest in volunteering with Flower City Comic Con! We want to provide a place where all fans can come together and have a great time with each other, and volunteers are a huge part of providing a great time for all! Please review our volunteer policies below.
All policies will be strictly enforced.
ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST BE 16+ OR OLDER TO VOLUNTEER
- We ask that all volunteers work a minimum of 5 to 6 hours. This may cover one or more shifts depending on which area you are assigned to.
- If you are 16 or 17 you will need parent/guardian permission to volunteer.
- Times we will need volunteers: Friday September 24, 9am-8pm to help with vendor move in and general setup. Saturday September 25, 7:00am-8:00pm. Sunday September 26, 8:30am-7pm. The before and after show hours are to help with making sure everything is ready to go before and cleaned up after. Sunday we want enough people on hand to help with vendor move out.
- We prefer all volunteers work at least 1 Saturday shift. Saturday is our busiest day and we will need all the help we can get, so anyone who is able to work a shift on both Saturday AND Sunday will get preference. If you have special scheduling needs, and are only able to work Sunday, please note this on your application.
- All volunteers must wear their name badge while at the con or while working any pre-convention event
- All volunteers should wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Please refrain from wearing torn or dirty clothing or open-toed shoes. Comfortable walking shoes are best, as most volunteers will be doing a lot of standing and/or walking.
- We ask all volunteers to act in the best interest of Flower City Comic Con by respecting attendees, fellow volunteers and staff, as well as promoting a safe and healthy environment. Please familiarize yourself with the Harassment Policy.
- Volunteers must refrain from any deliberate acts that may create a dangerous or unhealthy situation during the show. This includes, but is not limited to, the use of illegal drugs, consumption of alcoholic beverages and assaulting, threatening or disregarding the safety of an individual. Anyone who might be under the influence or is exhibiting dangerous or risky behavior, will be reported to security immediately.
- Volunteers are not permitted to use their volunteer status to promote or conduct personal business. Anyone caught doing so will be escorted off the premises and have their badge/wristband revoked.
- All volunteers will need to attend a brief non-harassment training before the convention.
About Flower City Comic Con 2020
Welcome to the fifth edition of the multi-genre Flower City Comic Con! We invite you to join us for two full days of cosplay, attractions, discussion panels, meeting with exhibitors, meeting celebrity guests, and experiencing all that we have to offer. Flower City Comic Con is presented by Mighty Monkey Corporation, a 501(c)(3) corporation.
September 25-26, 2021
Total Sports Experience
880 Elmgrove Road
Rochester, New York