All fields are required.
The Cincinnati Comic Expo would not be possible without the numerous volunteers needed to maintain the event from start to finish.
The Expo offers various opportunities for people to volunteer and assist from promotional events months in advance of the show to several levels of involvement on the weekend of the main event! Volunteers for the Cincinnati Comic Expo are also a reflection of the Cincinnati Comic Expo to the guests and attendees as well as ambassadors for the city of Cincinnati to any visitors and out-of-town guests. Therefore, the Cincinnati Comic Expo selects energetic, positive, and outgoing individuals to be volunteers for the Expo and its other supporting events.
Please make sure every question is answered and to send in your headshot photo to email@example.com.
If your registration was completed properly, you will receive a confirmation message.
One of our priorities is for everyone to have fun and enjoy themselves this weekend. With that said, we have thousands of people entering the venue and attending this weekend that need each and every one of you to have a successful and safe event. The growth of the Cincinnati Comic Expo would not be possible without volunteers and we thank you for your participation.
Here are some policies we have in place to give the fans and attendees an informed, safe, and well-organized event.
1) Volunteers are not permitted to wear hats, costume makeup, or costumes while on duty for the Expo (unless the role assigned calls for it). Volunteers must be identifiable with nothing hiding any facial features.
2) Volunteers will be given a uniform T-shirt, which must be worn during the time periods of volunteering at the Expo. This is the one common feature that identifies volunteer staff with the patrons and attendees of the Expo for easy assistance and guidance. The shirt or top you wore to the convention center maybe worn during break periods or at the end of the shift. If you are wearing your Volunteer shirt on a break and your assistance is needed, you maybe called into service.
3) Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older at the time of the Cincinnati Comic Expo (September 14-16, 2018).
4) Volunteers must be available the entire period they have signed up. Please be available for the entire shift that you signed up for. If your schedule has changed and you are not able to make all of periods you signed up for, please let us know as soon as possible. If you can make it for part of a shift, have to leave early or arrive late, please let us know. Many shifts and roles are designed to be covered for certain time frames. If you are unable to cover the entire period, we can plan accordingly to place in a position that accommodates that schedule.
5) Volunteers are NOT PERMITTED to ask for free or complimentary autographs or photographs by guests (unless the guest permits). Arrangements are made between the guests and organizers to receive a certain number of pieces to be distributed to the most active and worthy volunteers. If a volunteer wishes to have a certain piece or a personalized piece, then they seek it on their own time/funds.
6) Volunteers are eligible for FREE parking during the 2018 Cincinnati Comic Expo! Here are some guidelines:
-You must signup and appear for multiple shifts on a single day. This means you must be there for 2 of the 3 time periods each on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and/or Saturday, and/or both on Sunday, and Monday. For each multiple shift day you signup and attend for, we will pay for your parking!
-The parking deal is only valid in the LAZ parking garages. These are located at 609 Elm St and 605 Plum St. These are just north of the convention center.
-The public is still open to use these garages, so if the garage is full and all of the spots are claimed, then you cannot be eligible.
-You must bring your parking ticket into the show and have it validated by the Volunteer Coordinators at the conclusion of your shift.
7) Volunteers interested in helping with the evening shifts (after-parties) cannot signup for the afternoon shifts on Saturday. Just the same, volunteers signing up for afternoon shifts cannot work during the evening shifts. The hours that crossover in that period are critical to that specific shift and your presence is necessary for the entire period.
8) Volunteers are eligible to admission to the Cincinnati Comic Expo when they are not scheduled. Unfortunately, volunteers are not granted complimentary access to the Geek Prom. Volunteers wishing to attend the Geek Prom must purchase admission.
9) Unless the volunteer is on special detail, most job assignments will not be released until your arrival on day of assignment.
10) By submitting an application, I agree that I am performing volunteer work for the Cincinnati Comic Expo or a cooperating volunteer/charity/nonprofit organization, without any expectation or intention of receiving wages, compensation, or benefits from any of the above organizations. I am donating my time and effort for the benefit of the Cincinnati Comic Expo because of my interest in supporting the Expo or my fellow organization and its mission. My services are offered freely and without pressure or coercion, direct or implied from any member of my organization or of the Cincinnati Comic Expo.
11) By submitting an application, I agree that I understand that I am not an employee of the Cincinnati Comic Expo, any of the exhibitors, vendors, guests, nor the Duke Energy Convention Center and I have no expectation of an employment relationship, whether express or implied. I understand that I will not receive any wages, compensation, or benefits from the Cincinnati Comic Expo for my volunteer service.
12) By submitting an application, I agree that I understand that my volunteer service is not for a fixed period of time and that the Cincinnati Comic Expo may release me as a volunteer without prior notice and for any reason.
13) By submitting an application, on behalf of myself, my heirs, and my representatives, I agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Cincinnati Comic Expo, all of their subsidiary and affiliated companies, and all of their past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and assigns from any and all liability, damage, or claims of any nature that arise out of or are related to my volunteer service to the extent such liability, damage and claims may be released under the law.