All fields are required.
Volunteers for Anime Ohio are also a reflection of Anime Ohio to the guests and attendees as well as ambassadors for the cities of Cincinnati and Sharonville to any visitors and out-of-town guests. Therefore, Anime Ohio selects energetic, positive, and outgoing individuals to be volunteers for Anime Ohio and its other supporting events.
If your registration was completed properly, you will receive a confirmation message.
One of our priorities is for everyone to have fun and enjoy themselves this weekend. Fans attending this weekend that need each and every one of you to have a successful and safe event. The growth of Anime Ohio will not be possible without volunteers and we thank you for your participation.
Here are some policies we have in place to give the fans and attendees an informed, safe, and well-organized event.
1) Volunteers are not permitted to wear hats, costume makeup, or costumes while on duty for Anime Ohio (unless the role assigned calls for it). Volunteers must be identifiable with nothing hiding any facial features.
2) Volunteers will be given a uniform T-shirt, which must be worn during the time periods of volunteering at the event. This is the one common feature that identifies volunteer staff with the patrons and attendees of the event for easy assistance and guidance. The shirt or top you wore to the convention center maybe worn during break periods or at the end of the shift. If you are wearing your Volunteer shirt on a break and your assistance is needed, you maybe called into service.
3) Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older at the time of Anime Ohio (July 21, 2018).
4) Volunteers must be available the entire period they have signed up. Please be available for the entire shift that you signed up for. If your schedule has changed and you are not able to make all of periods you signed up for, please let us know as soon as possible. If you can make it for part of a shift, have to leave early or arrive late, please let us know. Many shifts and roles are designed to be covered for certain time frames. If you are unable to cover the entire period, we can plan accordingly to place in a position that accommodates that schedule.
5) Volunteers are NOT PERMITTED to ask for free or complimentary autographs or photographs by guests. Arrangements are made between the guests and organizers to receive a certain number of pieces to be distributed to the most active and worthy volunteers. If a volunteer wishes to have a certain piece or a personalized piece, then they seek it on their own time/funds.
6) Volunteers are eligible to admission Anime Ohio when they are not scheduled.
7) Unless the volunteer is on special detail, most job assignments will not be released until your arrival on day of assignment.
8) I am performing volunteer work for Anime Ohio or a cooperating volunteer/charity/nonprofit organization, without any expectation or intention of receiving wages, compensation, or benefits from any of the above organizations. I am donating my time and effort for the benefit of Anime Ohio because of my interest in supporting the event or my fellow organization and its mission. My services are offered freely and without pressure or coercion, direct or implied from any member of my organization or of Anime Ohio.
11) I understand that I am not an employee of Anime Ohio, any of the exhibitors, vendors, guests, nor the Sharonville Convention Center and I have no expectation of an employment relationship, whether express or implied. I understand that I will not receive any wages, compensation, or benefits from Anime Ohio for my volunteer service.
12) I understand that my volunteer service is not for a fixed period of time and that Anime Ohio may release me as a volunteer without prior notice and for any reason.
13) On behalf of myself, my heirs, and my representatives, I agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless Anime Ohio, all of their subsidiary and affiliated companies, and all of their past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and assigns from any and all liability, damage, or claims of any nature that arise out of or are related to my volunteer service to the extent such liability, damage and claims may be released under the law.