All fields are required.
The Cincinnati Comic Expo would not be possible without the numerous volunteers needed to maintain the event from start to finish.
The Expo offers various opportunities for people to volunteer and assist, from promotional events months in advance of the show to several levels of involvement on the weekend of the main event! Volunteers for the Cincinnati Comic Expo are also a reflection of the Cincinnati Comic Expo to the guests and attendees as well as ambassadors for the city of Cincinnati to any visitors and out-of-town guests. Therefore, the Cincinnati Comic Expo selects energetic, positive, and outgoing individuals to be volunteers for the Expo and its other supporting events.All volunteers are responsible for their own healthcare. Volunteers must be prepared to possibly wear or have a mask available at the time of the event, regardless of if they have been vaccinated or not. The event will be following all health regulations and practices in place at the time of the event (which are specifically unknown at this time). Social distancing is not guaranteed with any volunteer position. Vaccinations are NOT required. Masks are NOT required. But some roles such as Celebrity Row may have occupants that require masks for anyone assigned there. If you do not have a mask and a guest requires one, you will be assigned elsewhere.
Please make sure every question is answered and the application is signed.
If your registration was completed properly, you will receive a confirmation message.
PLEASE READ DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. Please note any changes from previous volunteering experiences with the Cincinnati Comic Expo.
One of our priorities is for everyone to have fun and enjoy themselves this weekend. With that said, we have thousands of people entering the venue and attending this weekend and we would like for each and every one of you to have a successful and safe event. The growth of the Cincinnati Comic Expo would not be possible without volunteers, and we thank you for your participation.
Here are some policies we have in place to give the fans, attendees, and volunteers an informed, safe, and well-organized event.
1) Volunteers are not permitted to wear hats, costume makeup, or costumes while on duty for the Expo (unless the role assigned calls for it). Volunteers must be identifiable.
2) Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older at the time of the Cincinnati Comic Expo (September 23-25, 2022).
3) Volunteers must be available the entire shift(s) that they have signed up for. If your schedule has changed and you are not able to make all of the shifts you signed up for, please let us know as soon as possible. If you can make it for part of a shift, have to leave early, or arrive late, please let us know. Many shifts and roles are designed to be covered for certain time frames. If you are unable to cover the entire period, we can plan accordingly to place you in a position that accommodates that schedule. In your confirmation message you will be able to access your signup and adjust your hours if your schedule has changed.
4) Volunteers are NOT PERMITTED to ask for free or complimentary autographs or photographs by guests (unless the guest offers to do so). If a volunteer wishes to have a certain piece or a personalized piece, they must seek it out on their own time.
5) Unless the volunteer is on special detail, most job assignments will not be released until your arrival on the day of assignment.
6) Upon arrival to your first volunteer shift, one of our volunteer coordinators will take your photograph. This photograph is exclusively for security purposes and will not be used in any other way. By submitting an application, you agree to have your photograph taken.
7) By submitting an application, I agree that I am performing volunteer work for the Cincinnati Comic Expo without any expectation or intention of receiving wages, compensation, or benefits from any of the above organizations. I am donating my time and effort for the benefit of the Cincinnati Comic Expo because of my interest in supporting the Expo or my fellow organization and its mission. My services are offered freely and without pressure or coercion, direct or implied from any member of my organization or of the Cincinnati Comic Expo.
8) By submitting an application, I agree that I understand that I am not an employee of the Cincinnati Comic Expo, any of the exhibitors, vendors, guests, nor the Duke Energy Convention Center and I have no expectation of an employment relationship, whether express or implied. I understand that I will not receive any wages, compensation, or benefits from the Cincinnati Comic Expo for my volunteer service.
9) By submitting an application, I agree that I understand that my volunteer service is not for a fixed period of time and that the Cincinnati Comic Expo may release me as a volunteer without prior notice and for any reason.
10) By submitting an application, on behalf of myself, my heirs, and my representatives, I agree to release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Cincinnati Comic Expo, all of their subsidiary and affiliated companies, and all of their past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and assigns from any and all liability, damage, or claims of any nature that arise out of or are related to my volunteer service to the extent such liability, damage and claims may be released under the law.