All fields are required.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at The ScareFest-Celebrities, Horror Fandom & Halloween Expo 2019! We are currently looking for volunteers for our Twelfith year. ScareFest will take place September 13-15, 2019. To be considered for a volunteer position, you must be at least 18 years old and submit a completed application.
As a volunteer you will be required to work at least sixteen (16) hours during the event, generally in 4-5 hour shifts (some areas are different and will require you to work the entire convention). You will be given a choice of assignments to choose from. You may sign up for more than one project, depending on your availability and skills. Upon approval, you will be assigned a team lead and are expected to check in and out with them each day that you are scheduled. You will be given a schedule of your assignment. We ask that once the schedule is made that you do not request a change unless an emergency arises. In exchange for your time, you will be given a 3-day pass to the event, an additional (+1) pass for a guest, a ScareFest T-Shirt, entry into the VIP party and entry into the Costume Ball. You can also attend all the free seminars as well in your off time. You must pay for the speakers who are charging, as this is part of their payment.
VOLUNTEER RULES & AGREEMENTS
1. You will be expected to work well with the public, other volunteers, Celebrity Guests, and ScareFest Management.
2. Conduct yourself in a professional manner. NO drinking or use of controlled substances while on duty. If found to be under the influence or if there is a reasonable suspicion of alcohol or drug use during your shift, you will be escorted from the venue and not allowed re-entry under any circumstances.
3. In order to be eligible for your free ScareFest 2019 T-Shirt, you must work a minimum of 16 hours throughout the course of the weekend. Your time will be verified by your Team Leaders (by way of checking in and out each day). Some staph hours may also be available during the year at street team outings and other general days if you are available.
4. You will not be allowed to wear your Staph T-Shirt when you are not working your scheduled hours. The shirts are intended for management, team leads, stars, and attendees to distinguish who is on duty at that time. Please note that if you are found wearing a staph shirt on the floor while you are not on duty, you will be escorted out or put back to work.
5. Volunteers do not have special access to autograph/star lines. When not on duty, you will have the same privileges as attendees. Staph will be given time on SUNDAY to obtain autographs etc. from the stars. Stars are not required to give free autographs or photos to the staff. However, as we have seen in the past, most of them are happy to do so, but it is at their discretion or may be outlined by the conditions of their contract.
6. Volunteers are not permitted to accept any tips or gifts from clients or their representatives.
7. NEW THIS YEAR all volunteers will be required prior to the con within the deadlines provided at the sponsorship volunteer meeting to secure and gather all necessary items and info from at least one event sponsor under the specific guidelines provided to you in a sponsorship packet.
8. Volunteers may not provide alcohol or any other controlled substances to celebrity guests or members of a celebrity's team.
9. Volunteers are not permitted to take pictures with stars with their STAPH shirts on or during work hours.
MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION AND REQUIREMENTS
1. The placement of volunteer assignments is strictly up to the discretion of ScareFest management, based on the needs of the event.
2. ScareFest follows all EEOC regulations for acceptance of all applications and placement of volunteer candidates without discrimination based on age, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, handicap, or veteran status.
3. As an applicant, you understand that these are unpaid positions and that ScareFest will be held harmless for any monetary claims for hours worked.
4. Failure to work assigned and scheduled hours could lead to dismissal as a volunteer from the event. This could also lead to dismissal of rights to volunteer at future shows as well.
5. Volunteers must be able to take direction from Team Leads and any member of ScareFest management and be willing to have their assignments changed without notice based upon needs of the event.
I understand that it is my responsibility to keep confidential all information that I may gain or become privy to as a ScareFest Volunteer. This includes, but is not limited to, any information regarding clients, administrative operations, organizational records, and meetings. Furthermore, by reviewing and signing this application, I agree to abide by the following:
1. I will respect all individuals' rights to privacy and their confidentiality. I will not discuss or in any other way disclose any information concerning any individual I come in contact with while volunteering at ScareFest.
2. I will respect the confidentiality of information regarding administrative/financial operations. I will not discuss or in any other way disclose information concerning ScareFest operations or administration outside the organization.
Volunteer Medical Waiver and Indemnity: By submitting this form, I understand and agree that I am responsible for providing my own food, transportation, and lodging. In the event of an accident or injury while volunteering for The ScareFest - Celebrities, Horror Fandom & Halloween Expo, I authorize The ScareFest - Celebraties, Horror Fandom & Halloween Expo to seek and obtain medical treatment. Furthermore, I agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless The ScareFest - Celebrities, Horror Fandom & Halloween Expo from any and all damages, losses, claims, liabilities, attorneys’ fees, and expenses, resulting from any act (whether intentional or not), omission or negligence of any injury to myself.
I have read the ScareFest – Celebrities, Horror Fandom & Halloween Expo’s expectations and agree to abide by the statements above. I understand that a failure on my part to abide by these guidelines could result in my removal from the positon of volunteer and possibly also my removal from the convention as a whole.