All fields are required.
Thank you for your interest in Volunteering at Raleigh Supercon which will be July 27-29, 2018 at THE RALEIGH CONVENTION CENTER, in RALEIGH, North Carolina.
As Raleigh Supercon approaches, we are looking for the generosity of volunteers to make this the best Raleigh Supercon yet. We are looking for volunteers who would like to donate time, talent and expertise in order to gain behind the scene access to the convention and an opportunity to meet other volunteers who have the same interests and passions for the comics, anime and pop-culture community.
There are many different opportunities at the con. Some of the volunteer positions call for specific skills and experience, but many will only need enthusiasm, dedication, trust, and creativity. If this sounds like an opportunity for you please complete the Volunteer Form and send it to us. The earlier you send, the better.
If you are interested in an internship with Raleigh Supercon to gain some career experience as a volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org directly with your information. Please describe the skills you have and the skills you'd like to develop.
Online training courses must be completed before volunteers show up to help with the convention. These courses will be available two months before Raleigh Supercon begins.
For further information regarding volunteering, before or after the convention, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com.
In order to gain free admission to Raleigh Supercon, volunteers are expected to contribute a minimum of 10 hours over the weekend. Volunteers will also receive a Raleigh Supercon T-Shirt. Each volunteer will be expected to check in and out with their track director and the volunteer coordinator each day to register hours contributed. Single day admission bands will be given each day based on the number of hours worked. After the completion of 10 volunteer hours, a volunteer can return to the volunteer desk to get a weekend pass to the show.
If you are interested in volunteering at Raleigh Supercon, the following must be completed and understood:
1. A Volunteer form
2. You must be 16 years old or over.
3. Volunteer Team t-shirts are to be worn ONLY during your scheduled shifts.
4. Most volunteer positions are easy to learn and do not require any previous experience in order to qualify for the assignment. Volunteers assist in all areas of the convention, from assisting staff, special events, running errands, registration, etc.; no task is overlooked or under-appreciated.
5. Please help promote a safe and healthy environment while volunteering. Refrain from any deliberate act that may create danger, or an unhealthy situation towards any individual. This includes use of illegal drugs, consumption of alcoholic beverages, assaulting another individual or disregarding their safety. If you know of anyone, who might be under the influence or conducting bad behavior, please report to Raleigh Supercon staff or security.
To be considered for volunteering at Raleigh Supercon 2018, please fill out this form.
If you have any questions not regarding volunteering, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919-907-0424
Raleigh Supercon LLC (hereinafter referred to as “SUPERCON”) operates a seasonal festival which takes place July 27-29, 2018, at the Raleigh Convention Center. The Raleigh Supercon festival which takes place July 27-29, 2018 hereinafter will be referred to as “FESTIVAL.”
The Legion of Super Fans Inc (hereinafter referred to as “LEGION”) is a 501(c)(3) dedicated to the advancement of the fandom arts such as comic books, anime, animation, cosplay, fantasy, science fiction, gaming, wrestling, and more pop culture. The Legion of Super Fans provides volunteers to fandom events to enhance the experience of fans and attendees of these events. The Legion of Super Fans has been contracted by SUPERCON to contact, screen, schedule, and manage volunteers for SUPERCON’s 2018 event.
Super Festivals LLC (hereinafter referred to as “CONSULTANT”) is an event management company hired by SUPERCON to provide consulting and other management services before, during, and after the FESTIVAL.
Everyone who wants to participate as a volunteer for LEGION at the FESTIVAL is asked to accept the terms of this waiver. If you have any questions before proceeding, please call 954.399.1330.
I hereby release LEGION, SUPERCON, and CONSULTANT, and each of their directors, officers, employees, and agents from liability according to the below stated terms. By signing this release, I agree that I desire to provide volunteer services for LEGION at and to donate my time in activities related to serving as a volunteer for the FESTIVAL.
Purpose of Volunteer Policies
I understand that these policies are written to provide overall guidance and direction to volunteers engaged in volunteer involvement and management efforts. I understand that these policies do not constitute, either implicitly or explicitly, a personnel agreement. I understand that the LEGION and SUPERCON reserve the exclusive right to change any of these policies at any time and that I will be expected to adhere to the changed policy.
Definition of a “Volunteer”
A “volunteer” is anyone who, without compensation or expectation of compensation beyond reimbursement, performs a task at the direction of and on behalf of the LEGION in support of the FESTIVAL. A volunteer must be officially accepted and enrolled by the LEGION’s Volunteer Program prior to performance of the task.
I understand that I am willingly and without coercion signing up to join the LEGION as a volunteer in support of the FESTIVAL. I understand that the scope of my relationship with the FESTIVAL is limited to a volunteer position with the LEGION and that no compensation is expected in return for services provided from either the LEGION, SUPERCON, or CONSULTANT in conjunction with the FESTIVAL.
I understand the risks and hazards associated with volunteering. As a volunteer, I hereby expressly assume risk of injury or harm from these activities and release the LEGION, SUPERCON, and CONSULTANT from all liability that may arise at the FESTIVAL.
I hereby release and forever discharge and hold harmless the LEGION, SUPERCON, and CONSULTANT, and their successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the services I provide to the LEGION, SUPERCON, or CONSULTANT. I understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges the LEGION, SUPERCON, and CONSULTANT from any liability or claim that I may have against the LEGION, SUPERCON, or CONSULTANT with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the services I provide or occurring while I am providing volunteer services for the FESTIVAL.
I hereby release and forever discharge the LEGION, SUPERCON, and CONSULTANT from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with the LEGION at the FESTIVAL.
Service at the Discretion of the Organization
I understand that the LEGION accepts the service of all volunteers with the understanding that such service is at the sole discretion of the LEGION. I agree that either the LEGION or SUPERCON may at any time, for whatever reason, decide to terminate my relationship with the FESTIVAL.
I understand that as a volunteer I am responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all proprietary or privileged information to which I am exposed while serving as a volunteer, whether this information involves a single staff, volunteer, client, other person, the LEGION, SUPERCON, or CONSULTANT. I understand that failure to maintain confidentiality may result in termination of my relationship with either the LEGION or SUPERCON.
I grant and convey to the LEGION, SUPERCON, and CONSULTANT all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video, or audio recordings of me or my likeness or voice made by the LEGION, SUPERCON, or CONSULTANT in connection with my providing volunteer services with the LEGION in support of the FESTIVAL.
As a volunteer:
1. I will conduct myself in a respectful manner, exhibit good conduct, and be a positive role model.
2. I will display respect and courtesy for other employees, volunteers, program participants, visitors, clients and property.
3. I will provide a safe environment by not harming anyone in any way, whether through discrimination, sexual harassment, physical force, verbal or mental abuse, neglect, or other harmful actions.
4. I will respect the privacy of persons served by the organization and hold in confidence sensitive, private and personal information.
5. I will adhere to any and all tasks assigned to me during my volunteer shifts.
6. I will work cooperatively as a team member with employees and other volunteers.
7. I will keep personal opinions and actions separate from those made as a representative of this organization.
8. I will avoid conduct, both on and off duty, which would jeopardize program effectiveness.
9. I will not use vulgar or inappropriate language.
10. I will not solicit gratuities, gifts or bequests for personal or professional benefit.
11. I will not use or be under the influence of illegal drugs.
12. I will not consume or be under the influence of alcohol or consume tobacco at the FESTIVAL.
13. I will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, or sexual orientation.
By submitting this form, I understand and agree that I am responsible for providing my own food, transportation, and lodging. In the event of an accident or injury I may have while volunteering for the LEGION in support of SUPERCON and the FESTIVAL, I authorize representatives from the LEGION, SUPERCON, or CONSULTANT to seek and obtain medical treatment for me. Furthermore, I agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless any staff, directors, and principles of the LEGION, SUPERCON, and CONSULTANT from any and all damages, losses, claims, liabilities, charges, suits, penalties, costs and/or expenses, including but not limited to court costs, attorneys’ fees and expenses, resulting from any act (whether intentional or not), omission or negligence of any injury to myself.
I have read the LEGION Volunteer Code of Conduct and agree to abide by the statements above. I understand that a failure on my part to abide by this code of conduct could result in my removal from the position of volunteer and possibly also my removal from the FESTIVAL as a whole.